I started in photography taking photos of my border collie, Ollie. Yes, I'm a crazy dog mom who built her pup an Instagram following. (@olliebordercollie) Other than that cute ball of fluff, I love capturing the beautiful landscapes of the pacific northwest. In doing so, I became fascinated with long exposures, and so desired to learn astrophotography. Eventually my friends and family started requesting prints, and then, family photos. So with the encouragement of my loved ones, I began taking on paid gigs.
My number one goal when shooting is to create a fun and comfortable space. My second goal is to capture emotion in my images. I want my photos to easily convey who you are. I'm not into poses, but instead like to direct you or give you an activity to do together. I like to incorporate a lot of motion in my photos, and have fun with it.
A little more about me
- My husband David and I met in high school, but did not begin dating until we were 21. We got married in 2014 at a state park on Hood Canal.
- I love being on the water in our little fishing boat, and feel most at home when I am near rivers, lakes, and the ocean
- I love flannel and wear socks with birkenstocks
- I enjoy a good book, but listen to them more then I read them
- My favorite place I've ever been is Montana, I lived there for 7 years and want to move back some day
- In the winters you'll find me snowboarding through the cascades and likely ending the day at a local brewery. All other seasons, you'll find me camping, hiking, and fishing the rivers of Washington
“These days, it seems everyone knows a photographer, but Brit is an artist. She has an eye for light, color, and composition that make a portrait something you would actually want to hang on your wall as art. Her work is so beautiful, she captures those little moments that seem insignificant, but those are the pieces of life worth cherishing.”